Posts for tag: veneers
Minor imperfections don't have to mar your smile. Our Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, family dentist, Dr. Carl Murano, explains how veneers can correct those little issues that affect the appearance of your teeth.
Make your dental flaws disappear with veneers
Veneers address common imperfections on the fronts of your teeth by concealing them beneath a thin layer of porcelain, a translucent material that looks just like tooth enamel. The porcelain shells are created using an impression of your mouth taken in our Honeoye Falls and Mendon office. Dental technicians use the impression when creating your veneers to ensure that your restorations will fit your teeth perfectly. The veneering process also involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to ensure a proper fit.
Veneers are an ideal solution for many cosmetic issues
Once your veneers are cemented on to your teeth, you'll no longer have to worry about:
- Oddly shaped teeth: Does one of your teeth look like it doesn't belong in your mouth? Thanks to veneers, it's simple to change the shape of teeth. Whether your tooth is crooked, twisted, pointed or just a little out of the ordinary, a veneer can make a huge difference in your smile.
- Minor damage: Small chips often develop in the bottoms of teeth due to wear and tear. Although the chips won't cause any dental issues, they can be unsightly. Veneers easily cover chips and cracks that affect your appearance.
- Gaps in your smile: If you don't think those gaps between your teeth give you character, you may want to consider adding a few veneers to your teeth. Although veneers aren't an effective solution if your gaps are large, they provide an easy way to conceal slight spaces between your teeth.
- Teeth that don't quite measure up: One or two teeth may be naturally shorter than the others or may have shortened if you regularly grind your teeth. Adding veneers will instantly add length to your short teeth.
- Discolored teeth: Whether one or all of your teeth are discolored, veneers offer an excellent long-term whitening solution. They're frequently used to hide discolorations caused by injuries, dental procedures or the use of certain antibiotics, but may also be used to whiten your entire smile.
Are you ready to find out if veneers are a good choice for you? Call our Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, family dentist, Dr. Murano, at (585) 624-1917 to schedule an appointment.