Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Minor imperfections don't have to mar your smile. Our Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, family dentist, Dr. Carl Murano, explains how veneers can correct those little issues that affect the appearance of your teeth.
Make your dental flaws disappear with veneers
Veneers address common imperfections on the fronts of your teeth by concealing them beneath a thin layer of porcelain, a translucent material that looks just like tooth enamel. The porcelain shells are created using an impression of your mouth taken in our Honeoye Falls and Mendon office. Dental technicians use the impression when creating your veneers to ensure that your restorations will fit your teeth perfectly. The veneering process also involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to ensure a proper fit.
Veneers are an ideal solution for many cosmetic issues
Once your veneers are cemented on to your teeth, you'll no longer have to worry about:
- Oddly shaped teeth: Does one of your teeth look like it doesn't belong in your mouth? Thanks to veneers, it's simple to change the shape of teeth. Whether your tooth is crooked, twisted, pointed or just a little out of the ordinary, a veneer can make a huge difference in your smile.
- Minor damage: Small chips often develop in the bottoms of teeth due to wear and tear. Although the chips won't cause any dental issues, they can be unsightly. Veneers easily cover chips and cracks that affect your appearance.
- Gaps in your smile: If you don't think those gaps between your teeth give you character, you may want to consider adding a few veneers to your teeth. Although veneers aren't an effective solution if your gaps are large, they provide an easy way to conceal slight spaces between your teeth.
- Teeth that don't quite measure up: One or two teeth may be naturally shorter than the others or may have shortened if you regularly grind your teeth. Adding veneers will instantly add length to your short teeth.
- Discolored teeth: Whether one or all of your teeth are discolored, veneers offer an excellent long-term whitening solution. They're frequently used to hide discolorations caused by injuries, dental procedures or the use of certain antibiotics, but may also be used to whiten your entire smile.
Are you ready to find out if veneers are a good choice for you? Call our Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, family dentist, Dr. Murano, at (585) 624-1917 to schedule an appointment.
Do you want sparkling white teeth? Do you want to be able to smile without having to photoshop your teeth? Well, that's understandable. Your Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, dentist Dr. Carl Murano has just the answer: Teeth whitening!
What can teeth whitening do?
Teeth whitening rejuvenates your smile. It removes:
- Stains and yellowing
How is your smile tainted?
There are many contributing factors when it comes to your teeth yellowing and becoming discolored. Here are a few reasons:
- Chewing tobacco and smoking can cause the accumulation of stains on teeth.
- Drinking too much tea and coffee, and eating too many berries can also stain your teeth.
- Not maintaining a healthy oral and dental regiment may contribute to plaque and tartar buildup.
- Aging does play a factor because the dentin under the tooth enamel is yellow and is exposed over time.
- Not eating healthy foods like apples scrapes away plaque and drinking enough water can help remove food debris from teeth.
- Medications like certain antibiotics can stain teeth.
What types of teeth whitening are there?
- You can buy teeth-whitening toothpaste but that may not be the best for your teeth. Sometimes they consist of harsh substances that can cause damage to your teeth.
- At-home kit: Your Honeoye Falls and Mendon doctor will give you a kit that can be used at home. It's convenient so that you can brighten your teeth when it's convenient for you. Make sure you listen to your doctor's instructions though!
- In-office teeth whitening: The doctor will use retractors to prevent your cheeks and lips from touching the bleach put on your teeth. The dentist will leave the bleach on your teeth for about an hour then remove it.
If you're interested in improving the brightness of your teeth and believe you Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, dentist Dr. Carl Murano can help you, then call today!