Are Crowns Right for My Dental Problems?
If you’re struggling with dental problems, including loss of tooth stability, enamel, and deep discoloration, crowns might be right for you. Here at HFL Dental in Honeoye Falls, NY, (also serving patients in Mendon) your family dentist, Dr. Carl Murano, uses crowns to restore and renew his patients' smiles—read on to learn if they are right for you too.
How Are Crowns Made and Placed?
A crown is created from a high-end ceramic material called porcelain that looks and feels just like a human tooth. During a crown's construction, it is specially designed to fit snugly over the remaining enamel surface for a comfortable and natural feel. Once placed, a dental crown can last for seven or more years, although its durability depends on how well you take care of your smile on a daily basis.
Addressing Your Dental Problems
There are a variety of reasons why your Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, family dentist might include a dental crown in your treatment plan. A crown can be installed:
- To put a restoration on a dental implant device.
- To cover a tooth after a root canal.
- For protection when a tooth is damaged by wear and tear, enamel erosion, discoloration, or injury.
- To create a bridge device, which covers a space caused by one or more missing teeth.
More Crown Benefits to Consider
Dental crowns offer a number of benefits including:
- Comfort and confidence when you’re eating and smiling.
- Closing gaps between the teeth and fixing cracks or chips.
- Restoration of natural color to a discolored tooth.
- Time to allow the tissues and pulp inside of your tooth to heal and remain healthy after a root canal.
Schedule Your Visit
Dial (585) 624-1917 today for an appointment with your family dentist, Dr. Carl Murano, at his office in Honeoye Falls, NY (also serving Mendon, NY).