Posts for: November, 2017
Do you want sparkling white teeth? Do you want to be able to smile without having to photoshop your teeth? Well, that's understandable. Your Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, dentist Dr. Carl Murano has just the answer: Teeth whitening!
What can teeth whitening do?
Teeth whitening rejuvenates your smile. It removes:
- Stains and yellowing
How is your smile tainted?
There are many contributing factors when it comes to your teeth yellowing and becoming discolored. Here are a few reasons:
- Chewing tobacco and smoking can cause the accumulation of stains on teeth.
- Drinking too much tea and coffee, and eating too many berries can also stain your teeth.
- Not maintaining a healthy oral and dental regiment may contribute to plaque and tartar buildup.
- Aging does play a factor because the dentin under the tooth enamel is yellow and is exposed over time.
- Not eating healthy foods like apples scrapes away plaque and drinking enough water can help remove food debris from teeth.
- Medications like certain antibiotics can stain teeth.
What types of teeth whitening are there?
- You can buy teeth-whitening toothpaste but that may not be the best for your teeth. Sometimes they consist of harsh substances that can cause damage to your teeth.
- At-home kit: Your Honeoye Falls and Mendon doctor will give you a kit that can be used at home. It's convenient so that you can brighten your teeth when it's convenient for you. Make sure you listen to your doctor's instructions though!
- In-office teeth whitening: The doctor will use retractors to prevent your cheeks and lips from touching the bleach put on your teeth. The dentist will leave the bleach on your teeth for about an hour then remove it.
If you're interested in improving the brightness of your teeth and believe you Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, dentist Dr. Carl Murano can help you, then call today!