If you've ever wished for a brighter whiter smile, you're not alone. Making sure you are in keeping with good dental health habits is the first important step for achieving the smile you've always dreamed of. Even if you do everything right, your teeth may still be a few shades short of your goal. Professional teeth whitening can help you reach it. Reach out to Dr. Gregory Lowenguth of HFL Dental in Honeoye Falls, NY, to learn how.
Teeth Whitening Honeoye Falls, NY
It's the foods and drinks we enjoy most that are mainly responsible for staining our teeth. It is, however, these stains that teeth whitening can most easily remedy.
Over-the-counter treatments can make a lot of promises regarding results, but none of them can be as rapidly effective, or as safe, as in-office professional teeth whitening.
The bleaching agents employed by both can damage the gums, so it's a procedure best overseen by a professional. In the office, your gums will be protected throughout, which means that a stronger solution can be used.
Is the Procedure Right for You?
While teeth whitening can radically transform the color of your teeth, the treatment will not be effective on crowns or veneers. But if a veneer is stained enough your dentist may suggest replacing it. Though often a professional dental cleaning may be enough to make these look like new.
The same advice applies to the rest of your teeth if you have not been in for a dental cleaning, or a checkup, in a long time. A beautiful smile begins with a healthy smile.
Teeth that are discolored because of damage, or as a result of taking certain types of medication, may also not respond to teeth whitening. But your dentist can advise you on alternative treatments.
If you want to explore teeth whitening and reside in or near the Mendon and Honeoye Falls, NY, area make an appointment with Dr. Lowenguth of HFL Dental by dialing (585) 624-1917.
Do you want strong, healthy teeth? Visit your family dentist. Regular checkups at the family dentist will help you keep your teeth and your family's teeth in excellent condition. If you live in the Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY area and need a family dentist, Dr. Greg Lowenguth at HFL Dental can provide the dentistry services you and your family require. Our relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff will make you feel immediately at ease. Keep reading to learn why you should want us as your family dentist.
Why Choose a Family Dentist?
Family dentists specialize in dentistry services for every member of your family. Whether you have small children, teens, or adults in your family, a family dentist provides treatment to keep your family's teeth healthy. This makes it easier to schedule your dental visits. Instead of going to one dentist for the children and another dentist for the adults in your family, visit one convenient location for all your family's dentistry needs.
Why Should You Regularly Visit the Dentist?
Regular dentist visits in Mendon at a family dentist are essential if you want healthy teeth. When you go to the dentist twice a year, he or she can make sure your teeth are free from any serious dental issues. Dental x-rays, dental exams, and teeth cleanings are routine dentistry services that ensure your teeth remain healthy for many years to come.
How Can HFL Dental Help?
The staff at HFL Dental are caring and experienced professionals who will provide a wide variety of dentistry services to help you maintain your oral health. From dental implants to teeth fillings and everything in between, Dr. Greg Lowenguth and his staff at HFL Dental can do it all.
Schedule Your Appointment
Do you live in the Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY area and need a family dentist? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Greg Lowenguth and the staff at HFL Dental. Whether you come for a routine checkup, teeth fillings, teeth whitening, dental veneers or any other dentistry service, our friendly staff can help. Schedule your visit by calling (585) 624-1917.
or Is it time to replace your dental implant crown?
A dental implant is truly as close as you can come to having a real tooth. It feels just like a real tooth. It can eat and chew all the foods you love with the same power and precision as your natural teeth. It even looks real; however, it’s important that even once you get the dental implants that you visit our Honeoye Falls and Mendon NY area dentist Dr. Gregory Lowenguth at HFL Dental every six months to check your restoration to make sure that it’s healthy and doesn’t require additional care.
Of course, there are signs to be on the lookout for that will let you know that it’s probably time to replace your dental implant restoration here in Mendon NY. Some of these signs include:
A damaged crown
Most crowns are durable enough to last around 10-15 years; however, some can last even longer. But crowns, just like natural teeth, can also become damaged. Whether you crunched down on something hard or experienced a traumatic dental injury, you may be dealing with a fractured or cracked crown. Since even the smallest cracks can weaken crowns and cause additional cracks over time, it’s important to replace damaged crowns right away.
A loose crown
While crowns are cemented into place over the abutment certain habits could damage the bonding material and cause the crown to become loose or fall off. If you hear a clicking sound in the implant when you are talking or speaking, this is a sign that your implant crown may be loose. If the crown isn’t damaged, this is an easy fix; we simply just rebond the crown to the abutment.
Your crown is darker than the rest of your smile
If you’ve undergone teeth whitening treatment to improve your smile’s appearance before an important occasion like your wedding then your dentist probably told you that dental restorations will not lighten with whitening treatment; however, our dental team can still replace the crown with one that matches your brighter smile. Our goal is to provide you not just with a crown that is incredibly strong and functional but is also esthetically pleasing.
We’re happy to announce that Dr. Gregory Lowenguth is now the owner of HFL Dental and will continue to provide the same steadfast and dependable dental care you’ve always received from our practice. If it’s time to have your dental implant restoration checked by our Mendon and Honeoye Falls NY dental team, call HFL Dental at (585) 624-1917 to schedule your next checkup.
Implants can give you a natural and realistic new tooth.
In the past when you needed to replace a missing tooth your options were dental bridges and dentures. Fortunately, dental technology has advanced quickly over the decades, allowing our Honeoye Falls, NY, family dentist Dr. Greg Lowenguth to offer a tooth replacement that is as close to the real thing as you can possibly get. While maintaining your own natural teeth is the most important thing you can do, if you are faced with tooth loss, dental implants can make a world of difference.
How do dental implants work?
The implant itself is a small titanium post that replaces the missing tooth roots, but this is only one part of this tooth replacement. Once the implant is placed into the jawbone, a special piece known as an abutment is placed on top of the implant. The abutment connects the implant, which lies under the gums with a false tooth (e.g. a dental crown).
Why are so many people getting dental implants?
There is a reason this is a popular restoration for people looking to replace one, several, or even all of their teeth. Here are some of the benefits of getting dental implants,
- They feel and function just like real teeth; therefore, you will feel confident smiling, eating and socializing without ever worrying about your teeth. They will stay in place and they will look just like natural teeth.
- They are also designed to last a long time. Part of the implant’s success lies in the fact that it is made from a biocompatible material, which means that the bone and tissue fuse around the implant. This makes the implant a permanent structure within the jawbone. With the proper care a dental implant could last decades. Depending on when you get your implant you could end up having your implant the rest of your life.
- The implant also stimulates the jawbone in the same way as real tooth roots. This is important because without this stimulation the bone deteriorates. This happens with untreated tooth loss. Fortunately, our Honeoye Falls, NY, dentist can stop bone loss and other structural changes from happening to you by placing a dental implant.
Are you interested in learning more about dental implants and how they can replace your missing teeth? If so, turn to HFL Dental in Honeoye Falls, NY, for all of your smile needs. Call (585) 624-1917 to schedule your consultation.
Would you like to help your children avoid cavities and gum disease? Teaching them good oral hygiene will help them protect their smiles throughout their entire lives. Dr. Greg Lowenguth, your family dentist serving Honeoye Falls and Mendon, NY, and the entire area, helps your family care for their smiles with dental exams, cleanings and treatments.
How you can help your child master good oral hygiene skills
Brushing and flossing probably aren't the highlights of your child's day. In fact, oral hygiene sessions may be more than a little stressful if your son or daughter is a reluctant brusher. Fortunately, these steps may make the process much more enjoyable for both of you:
- Add a Little Fun to Oral Hygiene: Everything in life is easier if it's fun, including oral hygiene. Toddlers may appreciate brightly colored toothbrushes decorated with cartoon characters, while older kids might like watching videos, listening to music or using toothbrushing apps while brushing and flossing.
- Start Oral Hygiene Early: Use a moist washcloth or piece of gauze to remove plaque from your baby's gums. Once the first tooth appears, use a small toothbrush and a rice-sized dab of toothpaste to clean the tooth. Starting oral hygiene at a young age protects your child's smile and makes brushing and flossing a normal part of your son or daughter's schedule.
- Stick to a Routine: When your child brushes around the same time every day, oral hygiene becomes just another part of their daily routine. Make sure they floss once a day to remove plaque between teeth. Show your child how to hold the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the teeth when brushing. (Keep in mind that kids may need help brushing and flossing until they're 7 or even a little older.)
- Choose the Best Tools: Child-sized toothbrushes and toothpaste flavors your child likes will make brushing much easier. You'll find bubblegum, watermelon and other flavors at Mendon and Honeoye Falls stores. When you buy toothpaste, make sure the product features the American Dental Association seal. All toothpastes that display the seal include fluoride, a mineral that rebuilds weak tooth enamel and prevents cavities.
Regular checkups are an important part of good oral hygiene. Call your family dentist Dr. Lowenguth at (585) 624-1917 to schedule your appointment. His Honeoye Falls office serves Mendon, NY, and the surrounding area.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.